Sunday 15 April 2012

Sorry, I have already eaten... The Hunger Games Review

The Hunger Games Review

Wow, I was so excited by the thought of this movie, everyone told me how amazing it was going to be and how awesome the trailers looked.

And then, I saw it.

Wow.....I think some of my friends were on crack or something when they saw it, I felt like a lot of the movie was a barrage of Nazi style scenes and war era try hard settings to try and immerse the viewer into the film, and it really didn’t work.

“Hey, we can get Donald Sutherland in? Let’s do it...Screw the budget!”

The sets looked like (as Dana put it) “something you would expect from an 80’s movie, not something from the current era”. I tend to agree, all the sets looked pretty dodgy and boring.

“Hey, we can get that woody guy, he’s still big right?” Wow....Really? When was the last time Woody was in anything SEMI DECENT? A LOOOOONG time ago, please tell me this was not a pulling point for viewers....

HEY WOODY, WHITE MEN CAN’T JUMP....get it? Bahahahaha.......

The movie felt as though it was shot mainly on handy cams, no joke. The acting for the most part felt like I was watching a high school drama stage show, the sets were FAR from futuristic in the capital of the movie and the clothing felt like a mix of “we walked into a Nike store and bought a bunch of sports wear” and “Steampunk is cool, quick, buy a crap load of costumes!!”.

Fairly disappointed to be quite honest.

Also, it felt like they were trying to push obvious (and I mean obvious like a slap to the face) plot lines on the viewer.

Hey, you want to know how to make a viewer bored? NEVER MIND, I THINK YOU HIT IT RIGHT ON THE HEAD. GOOD JOB.

I won’t ruin the story for you by giving out spoilers, but after you watch it, you will know what I’m talking about.

4 comments:

  1. Woody was awesome in zombieland and possibly even ok in friends with benefits

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://memearchive.net/memerial.net/4366/hunger-games-battle-royale-with-cheese.jpg

    Now Battle Royale was an awesome movie. Silly Hunger Games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, we covered this with a few people on TopGeek last week, I didn't want to post about BR due to trolls :P

    ReplyDelete